SINTEF and the Research Council of Norway invited to a seminar on the Public Private Partnership (PPP) in Horizon 2020. Goal of the seminar was to introduce the PPP, give an overview of upcoming calls and related initiatives and present current projects, funded by the PPP. In addition, three Norwegian companies presented their strategic view on Big Data.
The slide decks from the presentations can be downloaded below.
Vi inviterer til et nytt Big Data seminar som en oppfølging av seminarene vi avholdt i 2015.
Seminaret er gratis, og vi server en enkel lunsj ca. kl 12!
Dato: 28. april, 2016
Tid: kl. 10-14
Sted: SINTEF, Forskningsveien 1, Gaustad, Oslo
Påmelding her: http://goo.gl/forms/kBnpc106fb
Seminaret vil som tidligere være todelt:
- En bolk der inviterte foredragsholdere presenterer sine aktiviteter, og hvor vi også legger opp til dialog / diskusjon i plenum
- Engineering applications (CAx/PLM) and Big Data – Simulation Data Management; Kjell Bengtsson, Jotne
- Digitalisering og Smartgrid i Energisektoren, Grete Coldevin, The Norwegian Smartgrid Centre
- Fysisk aktivitet og big data, Olov Belander, Helsedirektorat
- Mobildata og lokasjonsanalyser i Norge, Johannes Bjelland, Telenor
- DataGraft – Flexible management and sharing of data and transformation, Titi Roman, SINTEF
- En mindre bolk med informasjon om hva som er av muligheter for forsknings- og innovasjonsprosjekter
- Horizon 2020 og Forskningsrådets satsing på Big Data, Arne Berre, SINTEF
- Guide to ICT-related activities in H2020, Henning Maagrerud, Forskningsrådet
- Diskusjon og oppsummering, alle
Velkommen til SINTEF torsdag 28. april
This years summit will be spread over 3 days (2-4 March—dependent on your interest) in The Hague, The Netherlands—20 minutes from Schiphol. It will give you the opportunity to network, cooperate, and also link-up for forthcoming calls.
Details and agenda are in the attached and sign-up is via the www.bdva.eu website.
There is a minor cost-covering fee which includes beverages, lunches and an evening meal as well as the room allocation. The fee is 150€ and will periodically rise each few days “easyjet style”—so book early! With an outstanding 99% ‘come again’ rating from last year we are sure you will be equally impressed—no pressure on our host TNO!
This summit is limited to 225 places and knowing we easily surpassed this initial target in Madrid…book early. Please note sign-up is only via the website and pre-payment is mandatory—no other options are possible. The summit is primarily hosted by TNO and facilitated through sponsorship by BDVA and others. However, sponsorship opportunities are still available—please contact email@example.com for details.
The BDVA (Big Data Value Association) is launching a community survey for monitoring the BDV Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA). The objective of the community survey is to engage with the wider community to ensure a comprehensive perspective concerning the technical and business impact of the SRIA technical and non-technical priorities as well as to identify emerging priorities with high impact for the European big data economy. The results of the community survey will be used as input for the regular SRIA update.
If you are an expert, interested or working in the European big data economy, we invite you to share your opinion by answering the short questionnaire on http://bdva.sirap.sgizmo.com/s3/.
The survey should not take longer than 10 minutes and is open until 31. October 2015.
We are glad to announce new features and improvements to DataGraft!
- Downloadable data transformations as stand alone jar files: You can now design your data transformations on DataGraft and run them locally on your machine
- Public preview of data transformations: You can now preview public data transformations hosted on DataGraft without the need to be signed in
- Step preview of data transformations: more intereactive support in the design of data transformations – you can now see how you data changes with each step in the transformation
- Visualization widgets for published data: you can advartize your data by setting up visualization widgets in your data pages
Try it out and let us know we can assist you!
The DataGraft Team
SINTEF is pleased to invite you to a seminar on big data and cloud computing. Several speakers will outline the state-of-the-practice and the state-of-the-art of research and provide an outlook on how big data and cloud computing could be combined in the future. We will also present and discuss opportunities for nationally- or European-funded (Horizon 2020) collaborative projects.
The seminar and lunch are free.
Time and place
- Date: 20 Oct 2015
- Time: 10:00 – 14:30
- Place: SINTEF, Forskningsveien 1, Oslo
- 10:00 – 10:20 Introduction, Arnor Solberg, SINTEF
- 10:20 – 11:20 Big Data and Cloud EVRYwhere, Frode Finnes Larsen, EVRY
- 11:20 – 12:00 Big Data meets Cloud, Alessandro Rossini and Jakob Høgenes, SINTEF
- 12:00 – 12:40 Lunch
- 12:40 – 13:40 Ongoing Research Projects
- 13:40 – 14:00 Research Project Opportunities
- 14:00 – 14:30 Open Discussion and Conclusion
Within 15 Oct 2015 at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/D8JJGQL
We are pleased to announce the initial public release of DataGraft – a cloud-based service for data transformation and data access. DataGraft is aimed at data workers and data developers interested in simplified and cost-effective solutions for managing their data. This initial release provides capabilities to:
- Transform tabular data and share transformations: Interactively edit, host, execute, and share data transformations
- Publish, share, and access RDF data: Data hosting and reliable RDF data access / data querying
Sign up for an account and try DataGraft now!
You may want to check out our FAQ, documentation, and the APIs. We’d be glad to hear from you – don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!
The DataGraft Team
SINTEF og Forskningsrådet arrangerrte et seminar på temaet Big Data som en oppfølging av det workshopen vi hadde 24. februar.
Dette seminaret var todelt, der første del la vekt på å presentere bredden av Big Data aktiviteter som foregår. Den andre delen omhandlet Horizon 2020 programmet i EU og hva som kommer av utlysninger til forsknings- og innovasjonsprosjekter innen Big Data fr aog med 2016.
- Dato: 18. september, 2015
- Tid: kl. 10-14
- Sted: SINTEF, Forskningsveien 1, Gaustad, Oslo
Presentasjonene fra seminaret finner dere her:
- Big Data in a GeoSpatial context, v/ Tor Dokken, SINTEF
- Norwegian State of Estate: A Reporting Service for the State-Owned Properties in Norway, v/Ivar Østhassel, Statsbygg
- Automated storytelling with data: From business journalism and design to automated storytelling with data, v/Øystein Krogsrud, Claylab
- Mobile (big) data use case, v/ Thomas Couronne, Telenor
- DataGraft: Data-as-a-Service for Open Data, v/Titi Roman, SINTEF
- Offentlig målbilde for informasjonsforvaltning og –utveksling, v/David Norheim, Brønnøysund Registerne
- Introduksjon til H2020, v/Kim Davis, Forskningsrådet
- Big Data Value PPP og hva skjer i Europa v/Arne J. Berre, SINTEF
In collaboration with SINTEF (http://www.sintef.no/home/), Difi (http://difi.no/) and the Open Data Institute (https://theodi.org/), the DaPaaS project (http://project.dapaas.eu/) invites you to an Open Data workshop Oslo.
- Time: Thursday, 2 July 2015 from 12:00 to 15:00 (CEST)
- Location: Difi, Grev wedels plass 9, Oslo
If of interest please register at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/dapaas-open-data-workshop-data-labs-tickets-16690817685
- DaPaaS (Data-and-Platform-as-a-Service) is research project that will deliver tools and services for making publishing, hosting and consuming linked open data easier.
- DaPaaS will give publishers the tools they need to create high quality linked data, including data cleaning and transforming, and will give developers commercial grade tools, clean and efficient APIs and better documentation so that they can reliably work with large datasets.
- Essentially, it aims to make the process of linked open data easier for those who may not have sufficient technical expertise, infrastructure or the resources required to do so, bringing the many benefits that linked data has to a wider audience.
- 12:00 Welcome / refreshments
- 12:30 – 13:30 Open Data talks
- [speakers TBC]
- Short coffee break
- 13:45 – 15:30 Using DaPaaS
This will be an interative, hands-on tutorial workshop. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about, use and talk to the developers of DaPaaS tools, such as:
- the data transformation and cleanup framework (Grafter)
- the GUI tools for creating data transformations (Grafterizer)
- the RDF database-as-a-service that deals with the open data hosting and data services
An evening meet-up will also follow from 18:00 [location TBC]. Please do sign up at our meetup page (http://www.meetup.com/Open-Data-Oslo/events/222346525/).
The Big Data Value Association (BDVA) is organizing its first Summit in Madrid from 17th till 19th June 2015.
The aim of the BDVA Summit is to inform about the BDVA activities, present the main expected funding opportunities in the field of Big Data and to set-up dialogues to discuss opportunities and challenges offered by Big Data among the European Big Data Community.
The Summit is expected to foster the networking and cooperation on research, development and business innovation around Big Data.
For more information please visit http://bdva.eu/?q=summit