In collaboration with SINTEF (http://www.sintef.no/home/), Difi (http://difi.no/) and the Open Data Institute (https://theodi.org/), the DaPaaS project (http://project.dapaas.eu/) invites you to an Open Data workshop Oslo.
- Time: Thursday, 2 July 2015 from 12:00 to 15:00 (CEST)
- Location: Difi, Grev wedels plass 9, Oslo
If of interest please register at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/dapaas-open-data-workshop-data-labs-tickets-16690817685
- DaPaaS (Data-and-Platform-as-a-Service) is research project that will deliver tools and services for making publishing, hosting and consuming linked open data easier.
- DaPaaS will give publishers the tools they need to create high quality linked data, including data cleaning and transforming, and will give developers commercial grade tools, clean and efficient APIs and better documentation so that they can reliably work with large datasets.
- Essentially, it aims to make the process of linked open data easier for those who may not have sufficient technical expertise, infrastructure or the resources required to do so, bringing the many benefits that linked data has to a wider audience.
- 12:00 Welcome / refreshments
- 12:30 – 13:30 Open Data talks
- [speakers TBC]
- Short coffee break
- 13:45 – 15:30 Using DaPaaS
This will be an interative, hands-on tutorial workshop. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about, use and talk to the developers of DaPaaS tools, such as:
- the data transformation and cleanup framework (Grafter)
- the GUI tools for creating data transformations (Grafterizer)
- the RDF database-as-a-service that deals with the open data hosting and data services
An evening meet-up will also follow from 18:00 [location TBC]. Please do sign up at our meetup page (http://www.meetup.com/Open-Data-Oslo/events/222346525/).